Friday, March 11, 2011

Survival Canned Food Challenge: Day 4

Day 4 here, although this is a very late post. Being a college student I spend much of my time awake in the evening so this is a good time to blog for me. Today was another late day so breakfast was skipped but my lunch was very nostalgic.

Lunch:
My childhood comes flooding back....
I have been getting great use out of my camping cook set this week.
Dinner:
-Mackerel (Pan Fried)
-Cream Corn
-String Beans

I love creamed corn.
Forgot to de-bone....
Adding some seasoning at this point. 
Cooked until darkened.
Nice balanced dinner for 1.
 Now the mackerel wasn't prepared as well as it could have been, but I never claimed to be a cook, needless to say it was a little dry. The string beans and creamed corn made superb sides though. I did enjoy this one, not as much as my Kale Stew but still pretty good. Solid 3.7/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment