Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Favorite Survival Show: Wild Within


The Travel channel has a new series that I have been watching and I have to say its an informative and entertaining show. The show I am speaking of is titled The Wild Within. The show follows outdoorsman/survivalist and pretty skilled cook Steve Rinella as he travels to global locations to connect with the wild and hunt and gather food which he prepares for his family & friends at the end of each episode. The really amazing thing about this show is that you actually see him out hunting (and butchering) his prey in the wild with different cultures in every episode. The wealth of knowledge from this show is amazing and it pulls the watcher in to the hunter lifestyle, something most of us need/should learn how to do properly. By showing the difficulty, heritage and just plain awesomeness of hunting the viewers leave with a greater interest and respect for hunting. I know that this show inspires me to go hunting and become proficient at it.

Here I have a slideshow to his episode in Canada. Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment